It comes as a "a new way to pre-order DLC" and allows players to snag seven pieces of content already (pre-order bonuses etc) as well as some upcoming additions. For a more indepth rundown of what you actually get and how much it is here is the information straight from the Press Release:
All seven pre-order DLC options will be available to purchase from Xbox Live and PSN starting today, with The Badge Pursuit Challenge and the Sharpshooter/ Broderick detective suits to download for $2.00/160 Microsoft Points and $1.00/80 Microsoft Points, respectively. "The Naked City" Vice case and "A Slip of the Tongue" Traffic case are also launching today. Both cases will each be priced at $4.00 (PlayStation Network) / 320 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE).
Two brand new cases, the "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson case (June 21, 2011) and the "Reefer Madness" Vice case (July 12, 2011), will also be available for download later this summer, each priced at $4.00 (PlayStation Network) / 320 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE). Inspired both by famous noir fiction and real-life crimes taken straight from the headlines, these downloadable cases will provide unique experiences for players independent of the game's primary storyline. All of the DLC will be available for purchase through the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, priced after the limited discount period at $12.00 (PlayStation Network) / 960 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)-a 40% discount off individual DLC pricing.
- Chicago Lightning Detective Suit (Social Club only) - May 17;
- L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (limited-time discount price) - May 31;
- "The Naked City" DLC case - May 31;
- "A Slip of The Tongue" DLC case - May 31;
- Broderick Detective Suit and Gun - May 31;
- Sharpshooter Detective Suit and Gun - May 31;
- The Badge Pursuit Challenge - May 31;
- Chicago Piano Machine Gun (free community unlock) - May 31;
- L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (standard price) - June 14;
- "Nicholson Electroplating Disaster" DLC case