Tuesday 9 November 2010

Ever Wondered Why Mario is Italian?

By Mark

We all know and love Mario, but has anyone actually questioned why he's Italian? Actually yes. In a Q&A session Shigeru Miyamoto has spoke the truth behind Mario's nationality.

"As a kid, I was a big comic fan and I liked foreign comics as well. So I drew some characters that had more western type features with a little bigger noses and what not. Now with Mario, I think with Mario Bros. we had a setting of course that was underground, so I just decided Mario is a plumber. Let's put him in New York and he can be Italian. There was really no other deep thought other than that."

Well, whaddaya know. If you want to read the rest of the session head on over here - http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/11/qa-mario-creator-shigeru-miyamoto/1

No comments:

Post a Comment